Many men have discovered the benefits of using beard oils as a natural remedy for healthier and stronger beards. The results of using beard oils daily are remarkable and even skeptics are discovering the benefits of this age-old remedy.
Beard Oil Benefits
Beard oil is an ancient remedy that has been replaced by fancier remedies over the years. The essential oils contained in beard oil have natural antibacterial and antiviral properties. They are also enriched with vitamins and antioxidants that are beneficial for skin and hair. Many compounds in beard oils help fight dandruff, acne, itching, flaking and all other skin and hair problems. Regular application of beard oils can help you see following results:
- Stronger and smoother beard
- Luscious, softer and silkier hair
- Less frizz
- No itching, flaking etc
- Faster growth
The compounds contained in beard oils remedy hair loss and fight folliculitis, ringworm and all other infections that can hinder the growth of your beard. Its essential oils also improve blood circulation and support keratin to make the beard stronger and enhance its growth.
Apply Beard Oil Daily!
Many wonder how often one needs to apply beard oil to see the results. The answer depends on your specific beard problems:
- Apply beard oil daily to your chin, cheeks and beard hair if you want to see faster growth. Men who use beard oils daily experienced faster beard growth than those who did not.
- If you are suffering from fungal skin infection, I recommend beard oil application three times a day for a period of 2 weeks or until the infection clears. Make sure you use antifungal beard oils such as coconut oil, tea tree essential oil, castor oil etc.
- For premature grey hair in beards, go for nourishing essential oils like coconut oil, almond oil, sesame seed oil, Grapeseed extract oils etc. These might not reverse the grey hairs, but they can certainly protect and prevent other hair from graying. Make sure you also consume a diet full of lean protein, fish, walnuts, fruits and vegetables to prevent beard from graying prematurely.
- When stepping out in the hot summer sun, beard oils can provide a sunscreen-like coverage to protect your skin and hair from harmful UV rays. Use Argan oil based beard oils which act as a natural sunscreen.
How Often to Use Beard Oil?
Beard oil recipes are versatile and flexible and can be used as often as you like. Their ingredients help balance the pH of the skin and hair and also stimulate sebaceous glands to produce natural oils which nourish your beard. You can simply use beard oil as a daily moisturizer, conditioner or a beard revitalizing serum. You can even use it as a night time treatment to heal and repair oxidative damage. You could use it as a once-a-week deep conditioner to condition the beard and make it shinier and frizz free. However, for optimum care and nourishment, I recommend using beard oil daily.
Here is How to Apply Beard Oil
For daily use, take a few drops of oil and rub them in your palm. Now run the palms and fingers through your beard, massaging the chin, cheeks and beard hair as you do. Massaging will help seal the moisture and hydrate the beard to protect it from environmental factors.
For Day Treatment
Apply beard oil on the beard, and comb it through. You can also use a boar bristle brush as the natural bristles help spread the oil all throughout and give complete coverage.
For Night Treatment
Apply the beard oil all over the skin and hair. Make sure you massage it at the roots of the beard. You can again use boar bristle brush for completely spreading the oil throughout. If needed, cover your face for a few minutes with a hot towel (towel dipped in hot water and wrung to remove excess water). This technique helps deep condition the beard as the oils penetrate deeper into the skin to nourish the roots.
Depending on the ingredients that go into your beard oil, it can have a multitude of benefits on your health and well being due to the aromatic properties of essential oils. You can browse all the recipes on this site to the find the one that suits your needs best, but if you’d like a personalized beard oil recipe formulated by an expert aromatherapist that addresses your specific needs, I recommend you speak with Olivia MacMillan. Check out her gig on fiverr!
Avoid Warm Oil Treatment
Essential oils are very susceptible to heat so you must not heat or warm the beard oil directly. You can simply take a few drops of the oil in your palms and rub them together to generate warmth before applying it to the beard.
The chlorine in pools can damage your beard hair. So make sure you apply beard oil generously before swimming. Simply rub the oil in your palms and apply it all over your beard before entering the swimming pool. This will prevent your beard hair from absorbing harmful chemicals in the pool.
Want to learn more? Find out what is in beard oil.