Olive tree or Olea Europaea is a tree native to the Mediterranean region. Numerous studies have shown that its fruit and oil have a wide range of therapeutic properties. Folk medicine has always valued olive oil for its hair and skin nourishing properties. This makes olive oil beard oil perfect for your beard.
Today, hundreds of scientific studies have established that olive oil is indeed extremely beneficial for health thanks to its emollient, laxative, sedative, nutritive and aphrodisiac properties.
Virgin olive oil is packed with antioxidant compounds including hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, and oleuropein as well as monounsaturated fatty acids. It is due to these compounds and healing properties that olive oil beard oil can be used on a daily basis to maintain luxurious beard.
In this article, we will discuss 9 easy beard oil recipes containing olive oil.
1. Olive Oil For Beard Anti-Dandruff Mask
- ¼ cup sour cream, mayonnaise or yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Mix the two ingredients and apply it all over the beard.
- Leave it on for an hour before rinsing clean using warm water and a mild beard shampoo.
The lactic acid from the cream/yogurt/mayo gently cleanses away dirt caused by air pollution while the healthy monounsaturated fatty acids in the oil moisturizes and hydrates the dry skin and hair.
2. Olive Oil for Beard Itchiness
- ¼ cup warm olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Mix the two ingredients and massage it all over the itchy beard.
Olive oil moisturizes dry skin while lemon juice alleviates itch by killing off bacteria.
3. Olive Oil Beard Oil For Fast Beard Hair Growth
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 15-30 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Apply it daily all over the beard after bathing. If you experience skin irritation or itchiness, wash off with cold water and beard shampoo.
- You can also use this recipe for moisturizing the beard at night.
Eucalyptus and rosemary oils are hair growth stimulating oils. Used daily, this olive oil beard oil recipe can show dramatic results in beard growth in a week.
4. Olive Oil For Unruly Beards
This recipe also contains rosemary but, additionally, it uses tea tree oil that stimulates hair growth, reduces beard dandruff and also conditions and tames unruly beards. Olive oil is an emollient that works for most hair and skin types which makes this one of the best beard oil recipes. If you do not have access to rosemary, you could use dried lavender, or even pine needles.
- 120 ml or ½ cup of olive oil
- 3 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Infuse the olive oil with the dried herbs. You can warm up the oil a bit and add it over the rosemary and let it steep overnight.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil and massage the mixture on the beard.
The shelf life of this olive oil beard oil recipe is 9 months depending on the storage as well as the quality of ingredients used.
5. Olive Oil Beard Oil Recipe To Moisturize Beard Hair
Jojoba oil is a waxy oil that smooths and softens the beard. Argan oil is antioxidant and provides sun protection; it can also prevent sebum production to stop pimples under the beard. Sweet almond oil is nourishing and moisturizing. Frankincense can repair and heal scarring caused by previous pimples. Vetiver acts as a base aroma for the beard oil.
- 1/4 oz of drops of jojoba oil
- 1/4 oz of of Moroccan Argan oil
- 1/4 oz of of olive oil
- 1/4 oz of of sweet almond oil
- 3-4 drops of Frankincense oil
- 3-4 drops of Vetiver
- 3-4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 3-4 drops of cedar wood essential oil
- 3-4 drops of bay rum essential oil
You can play with the above oils and their quantities to suit the fragrance for this leave-in beard hair conditioner. Store the oils in a dark/amber colored bottle. Place it in a cool, dry location and use it within 3 months.
6. Olive Oil Vitamin E Beard Growth Hair Treatment
- 2 Vitamin E capsules
- 2 tbsp warm olive oil
- Extract the oil from both capsules of antioxidant vitamin E oil and mix them with olive oil.
- Massage into the beard for luxurious hair growth.
- You can leave on this olive oil beard oil overnight, or shampoo off after 30 minutes.
7. Olive Oil and Almond Oil
Olive oil is one of the best carrier oils for beard oil. Sweet almond oil is the best oil for beard hair growth. Both olive oil and sweet almond oil are very affordable, which makes them both great go-to carrier oils for your beard oil recipes. Mix the two in 1:1 ratio to condition, moisturize and stimulate the hair. This is the best beard oil recipe for unruly, dry and frizzy beards with stunted hair growth.
If you’d like to add a fragrance to this recipe, try experimenting with your favorite essential oils.
8. Olive Oil and Avocado Oil Beard Hair Conditioner Mask
Did you know that in the early times, the best beard oil recipe was actually made by boiling a lizard in the olive oil? While our recipe does not call for this extreme step, it does use avocado oil and oats. The combination of avocado oil and olive oil makes a super conditioning formula that tames frizzy, flyaway beards.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup steel cut oats
- 1/8th cup warm olive oil
- Mash the avocado and make a paste by combining it with powdered steel cut oats.
- Mix the paste with a little olive oil.
- Apply it all over the hair, beard and facial skin.
- Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing off.
9. Olive Oil And Oil of Origanum
Origanum is nothing but Oregano which is closely related to Wild Marjoram. This is a great beard oil recipe for luxurious hair growth which can even make hair curl.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5-10 drops of oil of oregano
Use the mixture regularly to stimulate beard hair growth.
Try these 9 awesome olive oil beard oil recipes to see a difference in your beard.
If you’re looking up beard oil recipes, you’re probably looking at spending over $50 in ingredients (at least).
If you haven’t tried beard oil before, a much lower cost option than making your own is buying from one of the many beard oil makers out there.
Beard Hunk Beard Oil:
Can you image buying all those ingredients individually?