Coconut oil is being touted as the healthiest oil in the world. People in the tropical areas have been using this oil for centuries for its hair, skin and other health benefits. The oil is easily absorbed by the skin where it stimulates hair growth and reduces dryness, itchiness and flaking.
Coconut oil also has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties which help ward off skin infections like ringworm or tinea. This is the main reason why men with beards can benefit greatly from regular use of coconut oil beard oil recipes. Not only can coconut oil combat itching and hair fall, it will also keep the facial fuzz looking smooth and sleek.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best essential oils for beard growth which can be mixed with coconut oil to condition, hydrate, soothe and nourish the beard.
1. Stress Relieving Beard Oil
You will love the fragrance of this stress relieving beard oil recipe which contains sandalwood, lavender and chamomile. Apply it at night and you will also sleep better!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil- use virgin coconut oil, melted
- 4-6 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 8 drops chamomile essential oil
- 6-8 drops of lavender essential oil
- Small bottle with a dropper
Mix all the oils together and store in the bottle. To use, take some oil in the palm of your hands and rub them together. Then apply it all over the beard. You can use this coconut oil beard oil recipe morning or night.
2. Super Moisturizing Beard Oil With Coconut Oil
This homemade beard growth oil contains nourishing, healing and moisturizing oils such as argan oil, jojoba oil and coconut oil mixed together with other essential oils for beard growth.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp argan oil
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 3 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops lemongrass essential oil
- Amber colored glass bottle with stopper
Mix all the oils carefully and store them in the bottle. Use it daily after showering.
3. Anti Itch Beard Oil
This beard oil is one of the simplest and least expensive to make! This superlight formula contains peppermint oil and coconut oil which can prevent tinea infections, dandruff and even ingrown hair or folliculitis.
- Small bottle of coconut oil
- Few drops of peppermint essential oil
It’s really that simple! Just add the oils and mix them together. Use it daily for beardy bliss. Make sure you label the bottle and store it safely in a cool, clean and dark area. Shelf life of this beard oil is about 3 months.
4. Unscented (Naked) Beard Oil
Using extra virgin coconut oil produces very little coconut fragrance and make this formula ideal for those who do not like heavy scents.
- Jojoba oil- 1-2 tbsp
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Argan oil-1 tbsp
- Almond oil 1 tbsp
Mix this super nourishing formula and use it daily for stimulating hair growth and arresting hair fall.
5. Earthy Beard Oil
This earthy, woody formula contains sandalwood and citrus oils. It is a perfect ‘wake-me-up’ formula to help you start your day right with an invigorating beard ritual.
- Jojoba oil 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil ½ tbsp
- Argan oil 1 tbsp
- Sandalwood oil-5 drops
- Tangerine and orange essential oils-4-5 drops each
Mix the ingredients and store the oil in a dark glass bottle. Use the beard every morning after shower. Argan oil, like coconut oil, is renowned for its beauty benefits. Long beard, short beard or scruffs- your facial hair will look and feel more amazing than it ever has before.
6. Homemade Coconut Oil Strengthening Conditioner
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 tsp sweet almond oil
- 5 drops of sandalwood essential oil
Mix all ingredients and store them in a bottle with a pump. Use daily after shampooing the beard. Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing off. You can also use this homemade beard conditioner at night or as a leave-in conditioner to tame frizzy and dry beard.
7. Smoothening And Soothing Homemade Beard Balm With Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1 ¼ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 1 drops of vitamin E
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
In a double broiler, melt the beeswax and cocoa butter. Add castor oil, vitamin E, coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. Stir until blended. Store the mixture in small container. Use it at night and wash off with a beard shampoo the next morning.
8. Shine Boosting Beard Oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of clary sage oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
Mix all the oils well and store them in a bottle with dropper. Use it daily on dry, frizzy beard to improve its texture.
9. Healing DIY Beard Wax
This coconut oil diy beard wax recipe can heal, soothe and calm irritated skin. It reduces inflammation and also prevents infections like ringworm, folliculitis etc.
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 20 drops of melaleuca essential oil
- 15 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of Roman chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops of clove essential oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey.
- In a glass bowl, mix honey and virgin coconut oil.
- Use a hand mixer to blend the mixture well.
- Stir in lavender essential oil and mix.
- Add all remaining essential oils carefully using a dropper.
- Mix well.
- Scoop the beard wax in a mason jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- To use: use it post showering on the beard. You can also apply this salve on cuts, nicks and scrapes or use it to deep condition the beard at night time.
Let us know which coconut oil beard oil formula you love!